Saturday, May 14, 2011

Into May!

Hello blogosphere,


Katherine here ... I promise that I'll get Joe to make his first post soon. It will be, dare I say, epic. (But no pressure sweetie. ha.)


So we're doing pretty great here in suds - looooooving the start of summer. This weekend is going to be all about gardens and our backyard - rebuilding the grape arbour and putting in a couple little gardens for veggies and flowers. And we're throwing in some games with friends, wine, and a roller derby match in azilda tonight. And Mom and Dad are coming over tomorrow to hang out and help/supervise/save us from ourselves with rebuilding the arbour. Woot! 


I had some kinda crabby reflections about the election that I think I'd still like to share ... I'll try to keep it short :) 'What's most frustrating about the election outcome (well, besides the fact that they only got 40% of the vote and our electoral system is completely broken!) is that I feel like the cons speak to people's basest instincts - fear of the unknown and the other, selfishness, and short sightedness. To me, they disregard our potential as a country, as communities, and as individuals. Our potential to be fully human, to care for each other, to care for the earth. To reach out and strive for a future where no kid in Canada goes hungry, hell where no kid anywhere goes hungry. For a future where 'making a living' never means 'destroying the environment', our very basis for existence.' 


I had a bunch more thoughts related to climate change ... but hey doesn't seem necessary!  Hope everyone out there has a wonderful weekend! If you've got gardening tips you wanna share, please do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment